Vertiflex seeks extraordinary people who share our attitudes, goals and winning culture, to serve both patients and clinical science, in the advancement of spinal care. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including multiple health and dental coverage options, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Life & Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off
Interested in career opportunities at Vertiflex?
Click on an available position below to learn more.
Vice President, Strategic Marketing
The Vice President, Strategic Marketing is a proven marketing leader who will be responsible for commercial strategy, direct-to consumer marketing, physician marketing, product and brand management, professional education and clinical marketing. This individual will build and lead the marketing function responsible for developing and executing commercialization strategies for Vertiflex, specifically having experience taking a new product into a non-established market and building a customer base that will integrate a product into their standard algorithm. This leader will be a key member of the Commercial Leadership Team and be responsible for overseeing the following functions: upstream and downstream marketing, marketing communications, public and investor relations, professional physician education, sales training, and clinical marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of marketing strategies, objectives, policies, procedures and the execution of tactical plans to support the US commercialization
- Develop business plans, forecast and commercial plan for entering a new market based on the company market opportunities
- Work with physician Key Opinion Leaders from two different specialties to gather customer information that will shape and define the treatment algorithm of the product and result in commercial strategy that can be deployed by the commercial organization
- Partner with the Chief Commercial Officer to ensure alignment of Vertiflex’s US commercialization strategy, including working with various society organizations to ensure alignment of product strategy
- Translate business strategies into marketing and professional education strategies and tactical plans
- Responsible for development and delivery of market insights that inform commercial strategies, tactics and customer adoption
- Provide commercial input on the Company’s clinical and scientific publication strategy and resource accordingly
- Demonstrate marketing thought leadership and represent Vertiflex at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc., when appropriate
- Elevate the company’s brand by developing and lead the execution of the company’s public and investor relations
- Develop and execute on company and product positioning, messaging, ensuring consistency across all industry organizations, customers, and internal company teams
- Lead cross-functional teams, including marketing and professional education, to develop product training strategies that include, customer development, account targeting and development strategies that reduce complexity and ensure consistency in each territory.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing plan and budget
- Manage and coach marketing and professional education team members
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA) in business, economics, or biology
- A minimum of 15 years of marketing or related experience (including sales, finance, forecasting, market research, etc.) in medical device industry (preferably spine or pain)
- Must have at least 5 years experience as a senior marketing leader in strategic role
- Experience designing and building out a commercial function
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams, including interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and with scientific and commercial teams
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize data and deliver a clear overview of commercial strategy, opportunity and risks for the Executive Leadership Team
Sales Operations Manager
The Sales Operations Manager serves as the main line of communication between the sales force and the internal operations team. This is a highly collaborative, analytical, and process-oriented role that enables the manager to interact with multiple levels of the organization across a variety of functions. This position is expected to manage the daily operations performed by the Customer Service Team and drive change across functional and business boundaries. This position will report to the Director of Sales Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Customer Service function and manage at least 4 employees
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members, including formal corrective action
- Conduct annual performance reviews for team members
- Provide training and development opportunities to employees to increase their job-related skills and competencies
- Ensure staff understands and follows Customer Service policies and procedures
- Assist team with order entries, inventory logistics and invoicing
- Assist sales force with resolving complex customer service situations; recommend actions to resolve customer concerns, issues, or problems
- Develop department performance metrics and a communication strategy to regularly distribute those metrics
- Drive overall operation efficiencies and continuous process improvement within department
- Optimize utilization of Oracle Netsuite (ERP system)
- Work with Operations to ensure optimal allocation and utilization of inventory
- Represent Customer Service on Vertiflex Business Process Optimization Projects
- Contribute to Business Process changes and improvements
- Serve as point of escalation for ensuring Sales Organization adherence to standard operating procedures as it relates to transactions and inventory management
Pricing and Customer Contract Management
- Administer customer pricing function including rebates and special pricing arrangements
- Ensure pricing is properly analyzed and approved
- Review all customer contracts while ensuring proper legal review and compliance with policies
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business or Finance
- 7 or more years of relevant work experience; medical devices or biotechnology industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role, preferred
- Experience with CRM and ERP tools is required
- Experience in a high growth environment
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Experience managing personnel and contributing toward the development of department strategy
- Demonstrated expertise and success in the analysis, design, and automation of business processes
- Thorough experience in supporting sales organizations, processes, and strategy and can be a trusted advisor to sales leadership
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success
Financial Reporting Manager
This newly created, highly visible role offers a great opportunity for you to advance your career and make an immediate impact in our fast-growing organization. Reporting to the Controller, you will play a critical role in the development of many finance functions, including streamlining processes, leveraging technology, and implementing an internal control program.
You will be responsible for analyzing, summarizing and reporting financial results to management and external stakeholders, evaluating the impact of new guidance on Vertiflex’s financial statements, as well as managing all relevant support for audits and tax compliance. You will work closely with our Finance, Sales, Operations, and IT teams to build tools and reports to improve financial reporting analysis, metrics management, and drive process optimization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading the month-end and quarter-end close processes, including ensuring all transactions have been recorded, accounts reconciled, and reporting completed on a timely basis
- Providing assessment and recommendations on accounting and financial transactions
- Ensuring external reporting complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), the Securities Act of 1933, and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 as applicable
- Researching and implementing guidance associated with technical accounting issues
- Reviewing and/or preparing key accounting and financial policies
- Implementing and/or enhancing Finance’s internal controls
- Managing the external audits, quarterly reviews, and income tax provision and return preparation
- Administering equity transactions and related accounting
- Developing and tracking key metrics related to the month-end close to increase efficiency and drive the evolution of the financial processes
- Establishing yourself as a key advisor to business partners on financial matters, promoting change, and implementing best practices
- Assisting with due diligence and business development projects
- Managing directly or indirectly Finance personnel
- Participating and/or leading projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA license
- 6+ years of increasing finance and accounting responsibility, with a mix of public accounting and public company or pre-IPO company experience
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), COSO, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and XBRL
- Experience in a product environment company, with fundamental knowledge of cost accounting concepts; medical device experience a plus
- Experience with larger ERP systems and financial reporting tools; NetSuite preferred
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with hyper-growth environments preferred
IT Applications Manager
The IT Applications Manager is responsible for ongoing support of the extended ERP application landscape. The Manager will be the point of contact for any system-based matters including working closely with end-users to troubleshoot, reproduce and resolve reported issues, evaluating and isolating unresolved problems and identifying trends and performing root cause analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the extended NetSuite ERP system functionality and implement new system requirements
- Responsible for mapping business processes to specific functions within NetSuite ERP
- Review, validate, and approve functional and technical design documents
- Oversee application development and integration of web applications/cloud solutions
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date User and System process documentation.
- Provide training to users on system functionality.
- Conduct regular user access reviews to ensure compliance and appropriate Segregation of Duties and provide through documentation for Audit Reviews.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with NetSuite consultants to keep abreast of new system enhancements and capabilities.
- Coordinate with external business partners during testing and requirements gathering
- Provide basic desktop support for the organization when there is a high volume of tickets
- These are primary job responsibilities, but the list is not an exhaustive statement of duties or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position.
- Overall, 7+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- 3-5 years’ preferred experience with NetSuite ERP software in all areas including but not limited to management, implementation, upgrades and updates, maintenance, customization, problem solving, user support, CRM and all other functions of NetSuite
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Strong technical knowledge and business understanding of the NetSuite ERP system as well as ERP, CRM, MRP, SCM, Accounting, Sales, Inventory Management, and Logistics Planning.
- Ability to identify, plan, communicate and execute projects from conception to completion.
- Expert user with Microsoft Office products preferably in a MS 365 cloud-based environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment and able to learn new applications, concepts and skills quickly
- Must be organized and be able to work independently with a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- On-call and off-hours support may be required to keep critical applications and systems operational